Stay Compliant and Avoid Fines with Expert Wetlands Consulting
Working with wetlands experts on your project can help you ensure regulatory compliance and avoid budgetary setbacks, schedule slowdowns, and restoration orders.
Need assistance ASAP? Call 866-866-5125 to talk directly to an environmental expert.
Keep your project plans on track with wetland delineations, monitoring, permitting, and more
Why wetlands matter
Wetlands are essential environmental features that provide numerous ecological benefits, including:
- Habitat for fish, plants, wildlife
- Flood and storm buffers
- Natural water quality treatment
- Erosion control
Working with our wetlands and ecological services experts on your next project will guide you through how to help protect these valuable resources — and stay compliant with local, state, and federal regulations.
Demystify wetland regulations
Wetlands can be tricky to identify, and the regulations that govern them are complex. That’s why inadvertently overlooking potential environmental impacts — and potential fines — is a real possibility without enlisting the help of a wetland professional.
TriMedia’s environmental experts will:
- Determine if there’s a wetland on your property
- Identify and document your wetland boundaries
- Conclude whether a project needs wetland permits
- Clarify federal, state, and local regulations
Offering Valuable Support in All Phases of Wetlands Oversight
Our environmental engineers bring more than two decades of experience in wetland identification, delineation and management, environmental permitting and monitoring, and environmental remediation to serve you.
Whether you have a public or private sector project that needs wetland evaluation, our experts are ready to meet your needs.
An effective and accurate wetland delineation sets the rest of your project up for success. Let us take the guesswork out of identifying and marking wetland boundaries for you. Our expert environmental consultants will*:
- Gather and review resources, including aerial photographs and maps
- Visit the site to observe whether there are wetlands on and/or adjacent to the site
- Identify soil sample per wetland parameters
- Complete narrative and quantitative ratings
- Classify the wetland
- Flag wetland boundaries
*Wetland delineations are most successful between May and October, or after the growing season has begun and prior to fall vegetation dormancy.
Once you’ve identified and delineated your wetland, ongoing monitoring helps you protect existing resources and detect long-term changes.
Our wetland monitoring specialists have the expertise to create and execute a monitoring plan that assess and outlines:
- Hydrology, vegetation, wildlife use and soil properties
- The wetland’s baseline condition, function, and boundaries
- Changes detected via growing season observations
- Other notable long-term trends
Wetland permitting is full of complexities. Not all wetlands are regulated, and some are exempt from permitting if the property owner keeps the wetland intact and uses it for approved purposes.
Our environmental compliance experts will help you determine how your local, state, and federal regulations apply to your project. The TriMedia team of environmental pros will:
- Support you through the application and permitting process
- Identify and verify the steps to maintain exempt status, if applicable
Reclaiming and restoring a wetland requires extensive wetland management knowledge and, of course, the expertise to identify a site’s unique characteristics. Our environmental experts can help you plan to:
- Re-establish or rehabilitate an altered, degraded, or destroyed wetland
- Alter a wetland to make it more habitable to to plants and wildlife
Our Team and Certifications
Environmental compliance experts
Certified Wetland Delineators
Certified Safety Professionals
Technical support staff
Projects and Resources
- River Recovery Project [Project]
- Know Your Boundaries: Steps to Effective Wetland Delineation [Article]
- Understanding Gray Areas: Is Your Project Exempt from Wetland Permitting? [Article]
- Bogged Down: What Wetlands Are, and Why They Matter [Article]
Why Choose TriMedia?
Expert problem solvers & well-rounded team
Contact Us Now for a Free QuoteFill out the form below to get in touch with our wetland experts or call 866-866-5125 for immediate assistance.
Call us at: (906) 934-8153
Frequently Asked Questions
We get these all the time.
Still have questions? Don't hesitate to reach out to us!
How long have you been in business?
TriMedia Environmental & Engineering has been in business since 1995.
How many employees do you have?
We have more than 50 employees.
What is your normal response time to provide on-site services?
Depending on travel distance, our team can be there within 24 hours if the need is urgent.
Do you charge by the hour or the project?
In most cases, we provide a proposal and charge on a time and materials basis. However, in some instances, we provide per project billing.
Do you strive to make us self-sufficient so we rely on you less?
Yes, as much as is prudent, we aim to make our clients self-sufficient.
What if I don't see the service I'm looking for on your website?
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give our headquarters a call at (906) 212-4055.
We’ll do our very best to meet your project needs! We're also happy to refer you to professionals in our service provider network.
Can we use your equipment and do our own sampling?
Due to liability concerns, we do not allow this.
Do you have your own lab?
No, we use 3rd party labs.
830 W Washington St
Marquette, MI 49855
Offices in Mid-Michigan, Metro Detroit, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Montana, and Arizona