Avoid EPA Fines & Streamline Your Tier II Reporting
Trust the environmental experts to hit the annual March 1 deadline
Do you need Tier II reporting?
If you have chemicals that meet or exceed the thresholds below, you must complete a Tier II report.
- Extremely Hazardous Substances (EHSs): either 500 pounds or the Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ), whichever is lower.
- Gasoline (all grades combined) at a retail gas station: 75,000 gallons, if the tank(s) was stored entirely underground and was in compliance at all times during the preceding calendar year with all applicable Underground Storage Tank (UST) requirements or requirements of an agency-approved state UST program.
- For diesel fuel (all grades combined) at a retail gas station: 100,000 gallons, if the tank(s) was stored entirely underground and the tank(s) was in compliance at all times during the preceding calendar year with all applicable UST requirements or requirements of an agency-approved state UST program.
- For all other hazardous chemicals: 10,000 pounds.
Chemicals in forklift batteries: A common oversight
Chemicals in forklift batteries frequently go unreported. But if you have two electric forklifts and batteries, you need to complete a Tier II report.
Electric forklift batteries contain sulfuric acid, an EHS.
One battery can weigh up to 3,000 pounds and contain 330 pounds of sulfuric acid.
Our team is ready to help you hit the March 1 deadline
Our environmental experts will partner with you to:
- Identify every chemical you need to report on
- Complete your SDS reviews or audits
- Sort through your state Tier II reporting requirements
- Contact your local emergency planning committees (LEPC) and local fire departments
- Build your emergency preparedness plan
Get Started TodayFill out the contact form to get in touch with our environmental experts
Call us at: (906) 228-5125
Frequently Asked Questions
We get these all the time.
Still have questions? Don't hesitate to reach out to us!
How long have you been in business?
TriMedia Environmental & Engineering has been in business since 1995.
How many employees do you have?
We have more than 50 employees.
What is your normal response time to provide on-site services?
Depending on travel distance, our team can be there within 24 hours if the need is urgent.
Do you charge by the hour or the project?
In most cases, we provide a proposal and charge on a time and materials basis. However, in some instances, we provide per project billing.
Do you strive to make us self-sufficient so we rely on you less?
Yes, as much as is prudent, we aim to make our clients self-sufficient.
What if I don't see the service I'm looking for on your website?
Shoot us an email at email@example.com or give our headquarters a call at (906) 212-4055.
We’ll do our very best to meet your project needs! We're also happy to refer you to professionals in our service provider network.
Can we use your equipment and do our own sampling?
Due to liability concerns, we do not allow this.
Do you have your own lab?
No, we use 3rd party labs.
830 W Washington St
Marquette, MI 49855
Offices in Michigan, Wisconsin, Montana, and Arizona